Did you realize microfiber wet mop pads can minimize the spread of microbes….germs…bacteria laden “whatevers”? Yep, according to the EPA in a study from a report in November 2002 the cross contamination of patient rooms in a hospital is greatly reduced from the use of microfiber wet mopping.
Microfiber Mops virtually eliminate cross-contamination during janitorial tasks, and drastically reduce chemical and water
use while cleaning more effectively.
• Reduce chemical use and disposal. Conventional wet mopping practices require cleaning JCAHO Environment of Care Standards 1.3, 2.3,4.0
• Large, heavy mop head
• Requires frequent changing of cleaning solution
• High chemical and water use
• Labor intensive Conventional Wet Loop Mops VS. Microfiber Mops
• Light and ergonomic
• Prevents dirty mop heads from contaminating cleaning solution
• Dense, durable fibers reach into surface pores
• Cost effective solution changes after every third room to reduce patient health risks from cross-contamination.
• are less work-intensive than conventional mops,
• Microfiber Mops virtually eliminate cross-contamination during janitorial tasks, and drastically reduce chemical and water use while cleaning more effectively.
• Reduce cleaning times for patient rooms. Conventional wet mopping practices– including mopping the floor, preparing and changing the cleaning solution, and wringing the mop before and after jobs–take approximately 15 minutes for a typical patient room.
• Reduce custodial staff injuries and workers’ compensation claims. Conventional wet mopping practices can lead to custodial staff injuries through the repeated motions of mopping and wringing.
The use of microfiber mop pads helps reduce that risk of injury by lightening the load on the person responsible for carrying the usually heavy mop water with conventional industrial cotton mops.
More often than not, microbes are spread more readily in a clinical setting by the use and reuse of bacteria laden mops and water. The use of properly cleaned microfiber wet mop pads helps reduce and eliminate the spread of germs by changing the mop pads frequently. Fall risk is also reduced by the rapid drying action made possible by the use of microfiber mopping.
Turkey Creek Essentials has a product for you. Try it today>>Click Here!